Montag, 16. November 2009

New 802.11p/DSRC mini/PCI module DCMA-86P2 from Unex

Unex announce their first WiFi mini PCI module to comply with IEEE 802.11p/DSRC standard for V2V, V2R communication applications.

According to the data sheet of DCMA-86P2, it can work with 40, 20, 10 and 5MHz bandwith and support up to 24dBm average power. Supported security schemes include
•64-bit, 128-bit and 152-bit WEP encryption
•802.1x authentication
•AES-CCM & TKIP encryption
•CCX3.0

The module could work with MADWiFi Linux as well as Windows.

I would be intereting to see how the IEEE 1609 protocol stack is supported by this WiFi module. But so far I have no information on hand about this :-(

For more information and the data sheet of DCMA-86P2, please see:
http://www.unex.com.tw/product/dcma-86p2

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi!

I am currently trying to use CM9-GP device from Unex (http://unex.com.tw/product/cm9-gp) as DSRC at my lab. Earlier my friends were successful doing so because of a driver they could obtain in a forum but now it doesn't exist.

I am thinking of building ath5k driver from sources expecting that I could modify it to 802.11p specifications. Do you think I am in the right track?

Also, do you know I can obtain the required pre-built driver somewhere?

Thanks,
Shashank

Yunpeng Zang hat gesagt…

Hi Shashank,

for the .11p radio solution, you may be interested in the company Cohda Wireless: http://cohdawireless.com/home.aspx, who has a commercial product.

Regarding using the Atheros chipset for 10MHz spacing at .11p band, I remember teams participating the Grand Cooperative Driving Challenge (GCDC) 2011 in the Netherlands had a working solution. Unfortunately, I cannot find the web site any more. It may worth a try to contact the organizer of the next GCDC event in 2016.

Best regards,
Yunpeng

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thank you Yunpeng Zang for the reply!

Thanks for the Cohda Wireless suggestion. If we don't find the current boards helpful we will look into it.

The driver you were suggesting was the same which I mentioned that my friends earlier used. Now the forums is at http://gcdc.net/forum/index where I registered 5 days ago but am not yet confirmed by the administrators.

Have you ever considered building it on your own? Is it just fixing a few lines of code?

Please respond

Shashank

Yunpeng Zang hat gesagt…

Hi Shashank,

Unfortunately, I did not build the driver myself. Therefore, I am not able to provide you further information on the procedure. The best way may be to contact the GCDC organizer for this. I wish you a good luck!

Best regards,
Yunpeng